Waupun Tourney on the Turf Tournament Rules
Little League rules apply with the following amendments listed below:
- All players must be 12 years of age or younger as of April 30 (current calendar year). Team rosters are to be turned into the Tournament Director prior to the first game. Once a team begins its first game, the roster is froze for the tournament.
- The Head Coach must present a copy of birth certificate if requested or player in question will be unable to play until proof of age is provided. All inquiry’s need to be made to the tournament director.
- Team rosters are limited to 15 players max.
- If teams are found to be using an ineligible player/roster it will be declared a forfeit. Forfeits will be scored 10-0
- Teams will exchange line-up cards with batting order prior to each game. Automatic out if team is found to be batting out of order. Home team book is the official score book.
- Team listed first on the schedule has the 1st base dugout. Home team will be determined by a coin flip in pool play. The home team for bracket games on Sunday will be the higher seeded team.
- Free substitution – must bat entire roster – a continuous batting order must be used.
- A batter may not square to bunt and swing away. If they do so, it will be an automatic out.
- Waupun Baseball will allow players to use USA stamped bats not to exceed 2 5/8.
- 10 run rule after 4 innings (3 1/2 innings if home team) – No new inning after 1 hour 30 minutes unless the game is tied. If the game is tied, after 1 hour 30 minutes or 6 innings, the California Tie-Breaker Rule will be followed. (Inning starts with a runner on 2nd base and 1 out. The runner on 2nd is the player who made the last out of the previous inning.) A new inning starts when the 3rd out is recorded. Umpires will have official time.
- There will be no time limits for bracket play games on Sunday but the run rules still apply. If the game ends in a tie after 6 innings, extra innings will be played as necessary until a winner is determined.
- Leading off and stealing is allowed after the ball crosses the plate or on contact. Players may steal all bases including home.
- Runners leaving early and called out, will result in a no pitch & dead ball situation. Runners will receive one warning (team warning), any violations thereafter will be called out.
- Runners are encouraged to slide on close plays – umpires discretion. Head first sliding is only allowed going back to a base
- If the catcher is on base with 2 outs, a courtesy runner WILL be used to speed up the game. Courtesy runner will be the player who made the last out.
- We will be playing on a dropped 3rd strike
- No throwing of bats, umpire will issue warning on first offense, automatic out on second offense. Helmets must be worn at all times while on the field by the offensive team
- Pitchers are allowed 85 pitches per tournament. If a pitcher reaches 85 pitches on a batter, they may exceed that number to finish the at bat. Once a pitcher is removed, he cannot return as a pitcher in that game. No intentional walks allowed. Managers or coaches are allowed one trip to the pitcher’s mound each inning.
- A second trip in the same inning shall require the removal of the pitcher.
- New Pitchers get 7 warm-ups. Returning Pitchers get 4 warm-ups between innings.
- Any team that forfeits will be assigned 25 pitches to every player on that team.
- Defensive team shall consist of 9 (nine) players – 6 infielders and 3 outfielders. If a player is injured during the game or is unable to participate, the team will not be charged with an out when his spot in the line-up comes up again – you will simply skip over that spot in the lineup provided you are still batting a minimum of 9 players. Game time will stop during the care/attention to the injury.
- A team must have a minimum of eight players to start the game. If the game is started with eight players, the 9th position is then an automatic out. If a team is down to 8 players due to injury the 9th position will still be considered an automatic out when it comes up. If a team cannot provide 8 players within a reasonable amount of time it will be considered a forfeit and scored 10-0 or current score of the game.
- Infield fly rule will be in effect
- The tournament director reserves the right to make changes to the schedule and/or format due to inclement weather, in order to allow for the completion of the tournament
- Pregame warm-ups on the infield is prohibited. Warm-ups are allowed in the outfield and the area between the foul line and the dugout.
- No soft toss or batting practice is allowed against any fencing with any type of ball. Please utilize the batting cages
- No metal spikes are allowed. Only rubber spikes or tennis shoes may be worn.
- No protests are allowed—umpire’s decisions are final. Treat all umpires with respect.
- All game results (winner, loser, and score) must be reported to the Tournament Director by the Winning team.
- Waupun Little League and Sponsors are not liable for injuries occurring during the tournament.
- NO CARRY-INS PLEASE. We have a great concession stand with food & drinks. This is a fundraiser tournament for our league and your support would be greatly appreciated.
- **No bubble gum or sunflower seeds are allowed in the park. They can damage our synthetic turf fields**